Or why, if you want to be ruled by a religion, you should move to Iran. This is just a quick scribble about why Christian fundamentalists are just as bad as Islamic fundamentalists. They have just as bad of a track record. Democracy requires two things to remain strong (and even possible): an educated populace, separation of church and state.
Great Christian thought through time
1. The Sun goes around the Earth.
2. All of your ancestor’s myths and stories were lies, they were worshipping devils. But our nomadic desert-crawling ancestor’s myths and stories are true and if you don’t believe them you will burn in HELL!
3. The Noah’s ark / great flood story was literally true, happened all over the world, and doesn’t simply recount a regional event despite all evidence to the contrary.
4. For some idiotic reason, a city in the desert is holy and we must go and kill as many infidels as possible to wrest it back from them. Actually, that sounds a lot like Osama’s philosophies too – hmm.)
5. The Spanish Inquisition! (Kill anyone we brand as an infidel – sound familiar?).
6. Selling Indulgences. (Give me money and I’ll pass a good word to God to let your dead family members out of purgatory).
7. Divine right of Kings to rule. (HA! Our entire system of government was devised in opposition to this concept, yet modern xtians still try to claim that the founding fathers were just as nutty fundementalist as themselves).
8. Women should remain subservient to men.
9. The earth is 10,000 years old.
10. Because man is not ‘just another animal’, he does not need to attempt to live in harmony with the world. To the contrary, he is so much more important than any other living thing that he can pollute the earth, rape it of all natural resources without thought to the future, and kill any other living creature with impunity for food.
11. All bones of dinosaurs or other creatures found on the earth were placed there by the devil to confuse us.